Rethinking 4/3 Depth Of Field

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chatokun
Regular MemberPosts: 447Gear list
Like?
Re: Rethinking 4/3 Depth Of Field
In reply to al_in_philly, Apr 11, 2013

I've had times where I've had an issue with DoF also... using the 25mm at f2 in an indoor arena, I had issues getting two people standing side by side but one slightly in front of the other in focus. On the smaller screen I didn't notice, so I didn't reshoot it. I assumed it would be enough since I was doing whole body shots, but I guess even then I needed to stop down more. I also missed a good shot with the 75, it focused on his ears instead of his face, and the thin dof kept his face out of focus.

What was nice about that photo is, while he knew we were taking pictures of him (he was my demonstration victim for another friend) we had caught him doing a glance around while waiting and it gave it an impression of deep thought (I have a dream!). The expression is a keeper, but the focus... ugh.

Chatokun's gear list:Chatokun's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow