Recommend an inexpensive fast MF portrait prime for NEX ?

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Questions thread
Letsgokoulos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,357
Like?
Re: Recommend an inexpensive fast MF portrait prime for NEX ?
In reply to Amamba, Apr 11, 2013

Amamba wrote:

Letsgokoulos wrote:

I am not particularly familiar with the F3. I use a Sony HVL-F20S on my NEXes and am very happy with it. If you need an external solution, there has been numerous threads on the matter in this forum so I advise you to use the "Search" command.

An other little MF zoom that I appreciate is the Olympus Zuiko Auto-zoom 50-90mm f3.5 for Olympus Pen-F cameras. Quite a sharp little animal, really... although it is not so compact as the Minolta 35-70mm.

If you need to see how those lenses look on a NEX, please let me know and I will take a few pictures for you.

Have you any focal range in mind for the zoom you are seeking ?

Marc

My most used lens on DSLR was Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS.

35-70 at 1.5 crop factor is like 33-66 at 1.6 crop factor; this could be a bit limiing for architectural / urban shots. But a useful range for general walkaround / portraits.

I actually found someone selling MD 35-70 /3.5 locally, but it's the bigger 55mm filter size version, so it could be too bulky.

The lens I am refering to is a 55mm diameter, just make sure it is a f3.5 constant and has the Macro switch. It will not be your expected 17-50mm, but its definitely is a nice sharp lens. I do not find it bulky, but that is a very personal appreciation...

I am not aware of any MF lens that could match your 17-50mm wish, though.

Marc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow