Started Apr 11, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
d50bsl
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Nikon D300 Built in Flash
Apr 11, 2013

I have recently bought a second hand D300 (approx 9000 clicks) overall condition appears to be excellent. I have been using it, and getting to grips with all of the different and comprehensive controls. I have come from a D50 so there is a learning curve. The D50 built in pop up flash is 'locked' and cannot be popped up when the camera is switched off. However on the D300 I have it is possible to pop up the flash even with the camera off. This is a bit inconvenient when carrying in a bag etc as its too easy to accidentally depress the flash button.

I have searched the manual and the net and these forums but cannot find a menu entry or whatever that sets the operation of the button.

Is it possible to disable the button when the camera is switched off, or do I have to be extra careful to prevent it being damaged if t pops up accidentally?

Thanks all.

d50bsl's gear list:d50bsl's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300 Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow