E M-5 and lenses . Reason to be concerned?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,410Gear list
Like?
Re: In most conditions stabilisation is irrelevant
In reply to richarddd, Apr 11, 2013

richarddd wrote:

Anders W wrote:

As to tripods, even the smallest and lightest of "real" tripods (like my Sirui T-1205X) is heavier and bulkier than an FF body. Kind of defeats the purpose of MFT in many cases, doesn't it?

No, unless a FF without a tripod is as sharp as a mFT with a tripod, using equivalent settings.

Sometimes it is, but this was only part of what I was thinking of.

Otherwise, mFT is lighter than FF and a similarly stable tripod for mFT is lighter than one for FF.

I don't think an FF camera would present much of a problem for the Sirui T-1205X that I have (and you are considering) unless it's long tele shooting we are talking about. And it seems hard to find a "real" tripod that's any smaller and lighter than that one.

More generally, at least part of my point is that if you are in a position to have a lot of heavy and bulky stuff with you, then why use MFT in the first place?

As you know, I still have and use a tripod on those occasions where I can easily have it with me (e.g., when travelling by car) or have some specific purpose in mind.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow