Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,102Gear list
Like?
Re: On DOF
In reply to Erik Magnuson, Apr 11, 2013

Erik Magnuson wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

We could, but I wasn't touching on the subject, rather DoF. I was presenting a case where too much DoF can take away from isolation.

Actually you were suggesting the isolation was too much for an environmental shot.  That's simply a matter of choice and opinion.

Sorry, I meant the opposite. As I had stated, too shallow for DoF.

But yes, inclusion or exclusion can be controlled, a benefit of larger sensors. Between size, weight, convenience, control (DoF) etc, I find APS-C to be the best compromise. And perhaps you can say, I appreciate its versatility.

Different people choose different compromises.  A former pro I know went from mostly medium format to mostly an iPhone after he retired - he says it's just more fun.

I would agree with him. A true to heart photographer can find ways to have fun with any tool photography. Sometimes, certain tools will require greater thinking and creativity. They can also look at both, pros and cons of any system and there is no system IMO that escapes that fact.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow