How good is the X100S?

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,404Gear list
Like?
Re: How good is the X100S?
In reply to Sutto, Apr 11, 2013

Sutto wrote:

I am with Sulis2 - 'I ain't see'n it'.  The camera is a lot more responsive, feels great to use, I love the brighter finder etc etc.   However, when it comes to PP, it is a pain.   I didn't have to try so hard with my old X100 - the gorgeous files just popped out of the RAW, and hit me in the face - the S files are damned hard work and still skin tones look like plastic, when viewed on 100%.  There is more depth to the S files, but (oh boy hard to explain), I just ain't seeing what everybody is raving on about.

I will need to decide in the next few days.   If I am going to offload this thing on 'fleabay', I had better do it now while it is still 'flavor of the month'.  With built-in-obsolescence being what it is today, a secondhand electronic device has the resale value of used undies, after about 4 months.  I can probably get most of my money back now though, because these are still hard to get a hold of in Auss at the moment.

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Sutto,

I agree, you don't have as much latitude around PP as a bayer camera, particularly with respect to sharpening. Don't agree on the skin tones however and I'm clear that the IQ is great IMO. It compares closely to output from my new D600.

You are allowed not to like a camera or its image quality though - people raved about the NEX-7 but I never really liked it.

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow