Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
schmegg
schmegg MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 4,976
Like?
Re: Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...
In reply to qianp2k, Apr 11, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

schmegg wrote:

aftab wrote:

......... We can say A has higher resolution. Or we can say A is sharper. Same thing.

If you wish to change the definition of resolution to merely mean how sharp something appears, then I'd agree with everything you've said here.

Otherwise - no - not the same thing.

Disclaimer: I may change my mind tomorrow morning, I am drinking wine at the moment. Australian Penfolds red wines are really nice.

My experience is that a good red will make things appear much simpler than they might actually be.

PS - I'm having a red too at the moment.

I am not under influence of red at the moment but my eyes still see all A samples in aftab's post not only sharper but resolve more fine details

With respect - your eyes are well known around here for seeing things that don't actually exist. So I'm not surprised.

Given that each photographic comparison contains two versions of exactly the same image, the amount of detail resolved would be the same. In both photographic examples, sample A is simply sample B that has been sharpened in post. Hehe.

What you are seeing is simply sharper images, not images that have more detail.

And these examples actually demonstrate that very well.

Yes sharpness and resolution are not the same but related just as noise and detail are related that you cannot separate them.

Correct - they are not the same.

Nevertheless DXOMark's term sharpness is not the same one you might think about that can be processed in software.

Go ahead and tell me how it's different.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow