Accurately comparing FF vs APS-C sensor performance? An open discussion.

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,349Gear list
Like?
Re: You misunderstand
In reply to Klipsen, Apr 11, 2013

Klipsen wrote:

It could be that you haven't seen all - or that it's not worth the trouble since ... see above.

True, and neither have you.  You didn't give me an example of one that does.

Not distance? Let me answer that for you: Yes, also distance.

And guess what: Focal length and distance combine to make one factor, namely magnification. So, forget about 'equivalent focal length' and accept that there are different size circles of confusion according to sensor size.

Yes, distance too.  I didn't feel the need to state the obvious variable that we actually all agree on.  If I didn't think distance was a factor, then I wouldn't have mentioned examples at varying distances and how it changes.  But also in our case, since we are talking about two different types of cameras but keeping distance the same for our scenario, it was considered a constant and not a changing variable.  Since the constant wasn't changing between the two cameras, it was one more reason I didn't see it being needed to be mentioned for this particular discussion.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow