What is the best digital camera for photographing fast moving objects? (sports, children, animals)

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
hjulenissen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626
Like?
my experience
In reply to Christopher Love, Apr 11, 2013

So we know that you want to shoot fast moving subjects, and that your budget is $1000. What kind of expectations do you have? Do you want to make 1 meter prints, or sell images to magazines? Do you expect to use a lot of time learning how to use the equipment? Are you willing to lug around heavy gear and setup remote-controlled flashes? Or are you a typical family-guy with small kids and a dog who wants better than compact-camera images?

Shooting moving objects is difficult. I bought the 7D with IS/USM lenses, but I am by far not a "pro", nor do I have the time or the interest of a 20-year-old aspiring photographer who spends 8 hours a day perfecting her skills. What I am saying is that even after following the advice on this forum, expect a low hit-rate and lots of trial and error.

Oh, and rather than trying to get the perfect technical shot, try to capture the moment while its there. I am better at giving this advice than adhering to it myself

-h

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow