Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
mfj197
Contributing MemberPosts: 525
Like?
Re: Sirui T-1204x
In reply to NZ Scott, Apr 11, 2013

NZ Scott wrote:

Jerodequin wrote:

Hi, was wondering if anyone could suggest some good tripods for a m4/3 setup (heaviest combo I'll be using is a gh2 with the new 35-100mm lens) I already have a lightweight tripod (silk mini) but want something a little more robust to carry in the car.

Would prefer something sturdy and relatively tall but not *too* heavy! Price-wise up to around £150...

I've been scouring reviews and 'best tripod' roundups all morning but everything seems to be very full frame slr focused and possibly overkill for micro 4/3 systems?

All advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

A great tripod. Carbon Fibre. Weighs only 800g-900g. I've paired mine with a Photo Clam PC-33NS ballhead and would buy the same combo again.

I paid RM 750 for my T-1204x here in Malaysia, which is almost exactly GBP 150. The ballhead was additional to that, but you can sometimes buy the T-1204x bundled with a ballhead for not much more than what I paid for the tripod alone.

A review here:

http://tripatlas.com/guides/Photography/2075/SIRUI_T1204X_Tripod_review

-- hide signature --

I use the Sirui T-1205X with the C10 head and likewise would buy the same again.  Very sturdy whilst being transportable.  My review of the T-1205X and T-025 can be found here.

Dave Tainer wrote:

I got this same tripod, but non-carbon fiber version (Sirui T-005x, c-10 head). When you take out the center column and mount the camera directly to the tripod it is as solid as any tripod I've used, which include Bogen/Manfrotto and Gitzo up to $400 and much heavier.

How did you mount the camera to the tripod?  The problem with both the T-005 and T-025 is the fixed raised centre column (which can itself extend).  Did you find a way of removing this centre column and affixing the head direct to the legs, at the leg joint itself?

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow