I looked at a Retina the other day and........

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Questions thread
afterburn
Contributing MemberPosts: 723Gear list
Like?
Re: When I bought my Retina..
In reply to RonWA, Apr 11, 2013

RonWA wrote:

I have a question about the Retina display, triggered specifically by a comment from Afterburn. Do you users find a reduction in eye strain with this new display? I am a long time Mac user and currently use a 15 inch MacBookPro with 6 GB of RAM and a 750 GB hard drive. It does what I want to do which includes text for emails and committee work and photo work with Aperture but I get eyestrain from using it and, yes, I did have my glasses checked but can't do much about my age. If eye strain is reduced I would consider trading for a new MBP with Retina but I would have to do something about the reduced size of hard drive. Thanks.

Ron

I use my Retina set to the "more space" setting, which sizes the display to the equivalent real-estate of a 1920x1200 resolution display and it gives me less eye strain and makes me less tired than looking at  my old Macbook Pro with 1440x900 resolution. Text is small, but because there is no pixelation in the text it is much easier to read.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow