Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,272Gear list
Like?
Re: iZoom, FZ200, LX7, FastStone - a few thoughts
In reply to Mikedigi, Apr 11, 2013

Mikedigi wrote:

sherman_levine wrote:

. . . . . . . If you want to test the value of iZoom, you need to evaluate it at 100% using a zoom range unavailable to normal (e.g. 48x).  Does it look good to you? Is it better than upsampling a normal image to 200% in Irfanview or a similar editor?

Thanks Sherm - OK, obviously I changed the sizes to get similar framing, which, I agree, does not evaluate them both at 100%.

Also it looks as if the Resize/Resample in FastStone will do the doubling thing, so I can try that.

As with EZ Zoom with my FZ8, FZ38, FZ200, I expect the main iZoom advantage will be the user one - both camera and I seeing and focussing on the target more easliy, especially when I am spot-focussig with twigs etc in the way.

I've asked Detail Man whether the best result is only achieved at 48x, or whether any even number will do, e.g. 26x, 28x, and so on up to 46x. I suspect that I know the answer.

Mike

Mike,

To the extent that you don't view at greater than the original 100% equivalent, sure, using it to help framing and evaluate focus makes good sense.

Sherm

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow