Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Febs
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?
Re: Answer from the Sony Service Center
In reply to Febs, Apr 11, 2013

Febs wrote:

Hello everybody,

Last week I received my A99, overall I'm very happy with the camera but there's one thing that bothers me a lot.

When I shoot in bright daylight the viewfinder image appears very dark and when I shoot at an angle of 45 degree towards the sun, I actually can't see anything in the viewfinder unless I use my left hand to shield the eye from all the surrounding light. I should note here that I'm wearing glasses.

There is an option in the menu to increase the viewfinder brightness but I found it was already at the max.

Are you guys experiencing the same?? Is there a way to fix this problem? As it stands the A99 seems unsuited for use in bright light?!

Fabian

Hello everybody,

I contacted the Sony service center, described the situation and asked for their help. Their response was that nothing could be done to increase the viewfinder brightness from their side. Only possibility was to change the brightness setting in the menu, which I had done already. The EVF has a max output power and that's it.

Fabian

Febs's gear list:Febs's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow