Don't drop your SX50. It's expensive. :-)

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andrew McP
Contributing MemberPosts: 585
Like?
Re: Don't drop your SX50. It's expensive. :-)
In reply to j2l3m7, Apr 11, 2013

I agree, I keep it around my neck at all times.

In all my years with cameras I have never liked having them round my neck. It feels so awkward, and I've tried a lot of different straps over the years. So usually my camera strap is wound around my wrist and the camera is held in one hand, and I've not had a problem before.

But the SX50 *just* fits in my coat pocket with a bit of persuasion, and on this occasion I was walking around with the camera not-quite fully in the pocket, with my hand on it, ready to take a picture if I spotted anything. Which would have been fine, but then I saw my elderly mother stoop to clean up her dog's mess. Her scarf made contact with what she was picking up and I lunged to grab the end of the fouled scarf before it messed up her coat.

Somewhere in the lunge I forgot my camera. And my bad back. But that's a separate story which would cost a lot more than £180 to fix.

Anyway, it does no harm to be reminded how easy it is to take our cameras for granted. However I am reassured by the fact this was a fairly unique accident which I won't be repeating in a hurry.

If I killed a camera in 1984, and now 2013, that should mean I'll wreck the next one in... er...  2042, by which time I should be pushing up daisies, not taking photographs. :->

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow