A conversation

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Graham Snook
Senior MemberPosts: 1,759Gear list
Like?
Re: A conversation
In reply to deleted080512, Apr 11, 2013

At my other job I had a conversation with somebody. I knew them as they are a photographer. The last time we spoke, which was a week or two back, he was fairly chipper and said that there was money in photography if you were any good at it. Today he came in, a bit down at the mouth having completed moving house. Apparently the bank had repossessed his home.

Now, what does that tell you about the market? He has a very nice website with lots of very nice photos. He's capable and has an eye for a photo plus years and years of experience.

Photography does not make money any more. It's dead!

If you truly believe photography is dead....get out of here, go, and take your daft view with you on the way.

Photography isn't dead, it's only just beginning.

There may be certain areas in decline, but it's hardly the death of photography.

There will always be a place for good photography, and image makers to create it.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Always give the client a vertical-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://grahamsnook.wordpress.com/

Graham Snook's gear list:Graham Snook's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Kit?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow