>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
JirkaS
Regular MemberPosts: 126
Like?
Re: Rite of Spring I
In reply to fad, Apr 11, 2013

fad wrote:

Hat Tip to Willy Ronis.  A book on him explains the results he gets from shooting down, which I have almost always found disappointing.  But if you use it to separate the elements of your shot, you can get nice results.  Dear beloved Peter Dumont had suggested some time ago that for these fountain shots I should get down the the same level as the subjects.  But this is better, holding the camera over my head.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

I appreciate very high aesthetic merits of the picture, the contradiction between geometrical perfection and simplicity of circle and complexity of the shape of human body. This red bag is a visual trap (as red color always is) luring eyes back into middle of picture, not letting you to leave. Nicely done.

Pity, there is some culprit spoiling this esthetic “happening”. The upper part touching your frame with these left over “amputated” parts of legs is causing distraction of whole aesthetic impression _ experience.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow