I need a 220v -240v 2500ws flash that can travel.????

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Lawrence Keeney
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,009Gear list
Like?
Re: I need a 220v -240v 2500ws flash that can travel.????
In reply to Sailor Blue, Apr 11, 2013

Sailor Blue wrote:

Lawrence Keeney wrote:

Yes the Zeus fits the bill 11 lbs, recycle of 2.5 sec at full, small and dropable,

BUT it is 120v 6ohz and if they made a Zeus with 220v 50hz then I have gotten what I need.

But I called Paul Buff and asked them and they said they only make the Eienstien in 220v.

So If the Zeus could run at 50hz  with a transformer then great but it cannot.

OK, I saw you were from Chicago, and didn't realize you needed 50Hz equipment.

-- hide signature --

Have you checked with PCB to see if they can modify the Zeus or White Lightning X3200s to work on 220V/50Hz mains?

I live in Thailand and like much of SEA we have 220V/50Hz mains.  PCB was willing to modify AlienBees for a small price, but required order from and delivery to the US so as not to compete with their Australian affiliate.

It is also possible to use some types of 110V/60Hz studio strobes (i.e. ABs) with a 220V to 110V transformer, but it does slow down the recharge.  Check with PCB for that info on Zeus or White Lightning X3200s.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

I like this suggestion because if PCB is willing to make this modification they may be able to put it back in the original condition once you finish you European job. This sure would be the least expensive way to go and you would end up with nice equipment that you can use in you US studio.

-- hide signature --
 Lawrence Keeney's gear list:Lawrence Keeney's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow