Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,962
Like?
Re: [Great links] 50mm FF is necessary to avoid facial distortion
In reply to FoolyCooly, Apr 11, 2013

FoolyCooly wrote:

007peter wrote:

Good find.  This is a much more useful comparsion.  Looking at the photo, it seem that

• 19mm ~ 24mm produce horrific facial distortion, best avoid @all cost
  • 35mm, still suffer from unfortuante nose exaggeration
  • 50mm ~70mm look the most natural to me, like seeing the person in real life instead of a viewing an artificial person on a glamour magazine
  • 100mm ~ 300mm essentially look the same.  Its that same glamour magazine look.  Extreme telephoto can melts away the busy backdrop, but it also render the person....well....like a flat 2d magazine

In theory, m43 produce exactly the same effect right?  So if I prefer

50mm ~ 70mm Portraits here, then I should be looking for 25mm ~ 35mm lens on m43?

Correct. I happen to like 50mm and 75mm as well. 100mm pushes me back a bit too far for my liking.

]FoolyCooly wrote:

I found this on the internet some time ago. I believe these were taken with a FF body but the results should be similar when shooting 35mm equivalents.

-- hide signature --

The best camera is the one you have with you.

This is a challenge because none of us know what this person looks like in real life.

That said, as crazy as it sounds, I like the 350mm photo the best.  70mm to me looks a bit elongated with a stretched out forehead.  But hey, maybe she looks that way?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow