Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Recommending an M4/3 system to my youngest sister
Apr 11, 2013

My sister, Margie, is nineteen years younger than I am, and even though she's 51 now, she's always been my baby sister and in some respects I've always been her mentor, although she is very independent. She approached me about six months ago for advice on buying a good camera. I wasn't going to post this album here, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it and thought others might be amused by it as well. Here is the text to the header of that album, as well as the link:

To Margie: My recommendation for you

"I've given you various recommendations for a camera. You originally suggested you were looking at a Nikon D3200 and I tried to discourage you from that, because as soon as you try to add another lens, you start getting into a lot of money, plus you end up lugging a lot of weight around. I gave you a couple recommendations for point-and-shoots, but I've subsequently changed my mind. You initially wanted a system camera (one that takes interchangeable lenses) and now I've found a system that fits your budget, is much lighter than the Nikon system, and produces great images.

"This is an album that illustrates that system, and gives recommendations for expanding the system. The system is called Micro Four/Thirds. The Four/Thirds refers to the aspect ratio (landscape vs. portrait) and the Micro refers to the size of the camera bodies. The system is abbreviated MFT or M4/3. I use M4/3 in this album.

"This morning I created another album of images from the system described in this album. It is a short tour through some streets within walking distance of my house. That album is here:"

http://www.pbase.com/fjp/vf2_2013_04_10

It seems to me this is suitable for a 16 year old girl, or a lovely 51 year old sister. What do you think?

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow