What is largest possible print size with a GH3 1 and 12-35/f2.8 (without loss of Quality)

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
JosephScha
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,235Gear list
Like?
Re: Largest print - at least 16x20
In reply to josbiker, Apr 11, 2013

The first 16x20 I made was from a 3.2Megapixel Canon A70.  It looked surprisingly good, but if you looked close it wasn't really sharp.  Fortunately, it was on a wall with a desk in front of it so people pretty much had to stand 2 feet away! At that distance it did not look soft.

The next 16x20 I made was from a 6 Megapixel Panasonic FZ7.  With a magnificent "Leica" labelled lens.  That one still hangs in my cubicle at work, and it looks quite sharp although of you calculate it it's only about 140 pixels per inch.  It's a photo of Pike's Peak from Garden of the Gods Rd, Colorado Springs, CO.

Now, for the past couple of years, I've had a 12MP DMC-G10.  4000x3000 means approx. 200 pixels per inch at 16x20".  I have no doubt that it would look fabulous at 16x20.

But I really agree with the previous post that answered "a building wrap".  Because of the viewing distance, that's absolutely correct.

-- hide signature --

js

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hugeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow