>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
JirkaS
Regular MemberPosts: 126
Like?
Re: Smokers project - samples
In reply to fad, Apr 11, 2013

fad wrote:

I don't share your optimism that just shooting close with a WA lens gives your subjects proper isolation.   Here I'm talking about my own WA shooting.  I've come to realize that it is pretty much all telephoto shots, but shot closer.  By this I mean that the subject is parallel to the camera and the WA's ability to create perspective is underutilized.

Only in the last week have I taken satisfactory true WA shots, and they are few.

A photo is 2 dimensional, and I do not think you should rest satisfied with the lack of separation in your shots.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

Thanks for your comment.

In the practical world it works for me.   Wide lens makes the real distance 1m between two objects in line (one in front and second behind) seeming like distance of 3m. Long lens effect is just opposite, makes it seem closer then they in reality are.

sic. ... I do not think you should rest satisfied with the lack of separation in your shots.
Somebody here said wisely that "Everything is relative ..." So, it depends on your demands to fulfill your understanding of "separation". I am trying my best. Thanks again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow