What is largest possible print size with a GH3 1 and 12-35/f2.8 (without loss of Quality)

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,277Gear list
Like?
Re: What is largest possible print size with a GH3 1 and 12-35/f2.8 (without loss of Quality)
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 10, 2013

Bob Tullis wrote:

josbiker wrote:

josbiker wrote:

Can i print with a FF camera a bigger size and so yes, HOW MUCH BIGGER?

You can compensate for the print limitations by combining several exposures into a larger megapixel image (utilizing a single or multi-row pano approach).   Then again if you had a DSLR you might want to do that anyway.    If printing very large is more than an occasional one-off project you're best off with the biggest sensor you can handle.

You beat me to it. If you're going to be making huge prints all the time, get a Nikon D800e and be done with it. Or something in the medium format range.

That said, I did enlarge an image to 5' across, but only printed a small section (8.5 x 11). It looked pretty good!

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hugeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow