>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,601Gear list
Like?
Re: Rite of Spring I
In reply to fad, Apr 10, 2013

fad wrote:

Hat Tip to Willy Ronis.  A book on him explains the results he gets from shooting down, which I have almost always found disappointing.  But if you use it to separate the elements of your shot, you can get nice results.  Dear beloved Peter Dumont had suggested some time ago that for these fountain shots I should get down the the same level as the subjects.  But this is better, holding the camera over my head.

i like the picture.

you need stilts, though. just a bit more elevation and you might have dropped the closer head below the rim of the font, and the more distant one below the shadowed steps.

or you could try still young's method of shooting from low-flying hot-air balloons--it makes a graphically dramatic backdrop of the plain asphalt (or whatever the street is made from).

the symmetry of the two bags helps to make the diagonal placement of the figures read more strongly, and the color seems fairly realistic and punctuates the gray effectively.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow