Continuation: Sensor Size, Present & Possibilities

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
NJHr Regular Member • Posts: 167
Re: On DOF

Funny you mention the Q as many of the earlier posts on the FF is dead side seemed to be coming from m4/3 and APS-c users. I was a fan and user of 4/3 and m4/3 but in all honesty I think the future will split more towards FF and the smaller sensors such as in the Q and the Nikon 1 for many reasons already debated to death. My own camera buying reflects this split, I bought a secondhand Leica M8 and gradually will be buying more Zeiss/CV glass whilst also looking at either the SX50 or the FZ200 for telephoto stuff. When the M9 eventually drops in price like the M8 did I will buy one of those or a Sony Nex 9 or whatever for my compact FF system, the next gen SX50/FZ200 at the other end will likely have DR and high ISO as good as many APS-C and M4/3 cameras. Therefore to my mind this thread and the other one should really have been a APS-c and m4/3 will die debate as logically there are far more reasons to believe those systems have less of a future than FF and the really small sensors.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
Biggs23 MOD
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow