Continuation: Sensor Size, Present & Possibilities

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
NJHr
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: On DOF
In reply to neil holmes, Apr 10, 2013

Funny you mention the Q as many of the earlier posts on the FF is dead side seemed to be coming from m4/3 and APS-c users. I was a fan and user of 4/3 and m4/3 but in all honesty I think the future will split more towards FF and the smaller sensors such as in the Q and the Nikon 1 for many reasons already debated to death. My own camera buying reflects this split, I bought a secondhand Leica M8 and gradually will be buying more Zeiss/CV glass whilst also looking at either the SX50 or the FZ200 for telephoto stuff. When the M9 eventually drops in price like the M8 did I will buy one of those or a Sony Nex 9 or whatever for my compact FF system, the next gen SX50/FZ200 at the other end will likely have DR and high ISO as good as many APS-C and M4/3 cameras. Therefore to my mind this thread and the other one should really have been a APS-c and m4/3 will die debate as logically there are far more reasons to believe those systems have less of a future than FF and the really small sensors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow