>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,320Gear list
Like?
well done, sal
In reply to Sal18, Apr 10, 2013

you got something which works both on subject and composition, i think. the characters are interesting in themselves, and the arrangement of faces into a sort of vanishing point perspective convergence is good--it matches the sense of space presented by the fall-off in relative size of the heads conferred by the 35mm-equiv angle of view very well. the gesture of the hand of towel-man is nicely emphasized by the way it stands out against the relatively plain, dark background of the other man's jacket.

the tones seem just a bit grey to me here, but there's good relative tone separation so it doesn't appear too flat; whether you want more high-tone representation is a matter of taste or style, mostly. you might simply dodge out the fg chessboard a bit, to rivet our attention more at that plane. btw, i thought the tones and colors of your bridge shot (above) were reasonably good, but perhaps also needing a bit more in the highest quarter tones, as well as tending somewhat excessively blue-green.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow