>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
xtoph
xtoph OP Veteran Member • Posts: 9,422
well done, sal

you got something which works both on subject and composition, i think. the characters are interesting in themselves, and the arrangement of faces into a sort of vanishing point perspective convergence is good--it matches the sense of space presented by the fall-off in relative size of the heads conferred by the 35mm-equiv angle of view very well. the gesture of the hand of towel-man is nicely emphasized by the way it stands out against the relatively plain, dark background of the other man's jacket.

the tones seem just a bit grey to me here, but there's good relative tone separation so it doesn't appear too flat; whether you want more high-tone representation is a matter of taste or style, mostly. you might simply dodge out the fg chessboard a bit, to rivet our attention more at that plane. btw, i thought the tones and colors of your bridge shot (above) were reasonably good, but perhaps also needing a bit more in the highest quarter tones, as well as tending somewhat excessively blue-green.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow