>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
anamesa
Regular MemberPosts: 260
Like?
Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4023/4367306058_55e2689edd_
In reply to bosjohn21, Apr 10, 2013

Welcome back.

bosjohn21 wrote:

I posted these elsewhere but I now find this is the appropriate place thank you Xtoph.

without further comment here are the few I posted elswhere by mistake.

I like this more than the first, despite the impact of the child's gaze in the first. Because both are in a way absent, asleep, but the tattoo is awake, against the evil eye, almost an amulet.

This one is very interesting with the splitting of space creating a photographic quasi illusion. I like the fact that it plays with the idea of reflection and reality. I don't know if I like this more than the color version, which in a way is rather quasi monochrome, with blues and some shades of light brown. Maybe I prefer the color.

This one I like mostly because of the pregnancy of mom(?) vs the discomfort of her daughter(?), maybe b/c a new player is soon to be.

This one has an almost eery character that I like. Add to this the doubling of faces of the little girls (twins?), but with different ways of being in the photo (one dreaming, so more out of focus the other gazing sharply at us), and lasta but not least, the figure in the background, you've told she's the mother(?), with is an inscription of the spectator and I consider her more enclosed, barred, blocked though in a seemingly outer space. So the photo conveys a complex photographic meaning, and B&W suits it.

in addition to these some old some new I have a color version of this one

sorry I got them in the wrong place before

John aka bosjohn21

-- hide signature --

Fotis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow