A99 viewfinder - please help

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Febs
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Re: That's just the way EVF is...
In reply to OntarioJohn, Apr 10, 2013

OntarioJohn wrote:

We seem obsessed with something that is irrelevant .

The object of the EVF viewfinder is not to see exactly what the eye would see.

The object of the EVF viewfinder is to see what the sensor will reproduce.

To me the whole subject of "it doesn't blind me like broad daylight where the desert meets the ocean near Tangiers as the sun is directly overhead." is el toro poo poo.

What I want to see is what the sensor is going to record.  That's the reason it's there.  Go into manual mode, and if you cannot dial it back get thee a very low ISO and if not then a ND filter.

Unlike the big bright oh so wickedly orgasmic tingly feeling wonderful amazing a900 viewfinder, which is just like your eyes only better, the EVF merely is showing you what you will see later.  Not a guess at it.  No not like the OVF a900 which you have NO idea how the shot will turn out until after, the a99 will tell you RIGHT NOW.

-- hide signature --

--
John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit
Take some shots and SHARE...more fun that peeping at pixels at some crazy ISO!!!

Hey John,

One point you forgot regarding OVFs: If it gets too bright, you can always put sunglasses on!!

Ciao, Fabian

Febs's gear list:Febs's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow