Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,573Gear list
Like?
Re: On DOF
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 10, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

Again, you're avoiding the point.

One doesn't do that by specifically asking for something on the subject. One does that, by ignoring that request (and worse, pointing the finger the other way).

Agreed, but you're not asking about something on topic, you're asking for something irrelevant to the topic.

I find that if I equalize FoV than FF has less DoF.

So, you agreed with me. You can equalize the FoV by using a 200mm lens on FF to match 135mm lens on APS-C.

Not quite. Try again.

Definitionally, without additional context, 'need' actually is about life or death. Try again.

Weird idea.

Yeah, pesky reality. It really gets in the way sometimes.

Is it a stretch for you to back up your words with your work?

Nope, it's not.

Then, go for it so you don't have to come back and tell me that it is I who is "avoiding".

Again, why would I do so just to have you either ignore it or reject it?

You're asking for something that you don't need or even want. It's a strange form of a straw man argument.

You don't decide what I need or want. I asked you to provide something. It is up to you to accept the challenge, or run away from it. You've chosen the latter.

You've asked me (him?) to provide something but you wouldn't accept it even if it were provided. Remember, we've done this twice? First I provided a photo which you ignored and then I provided a video which you rejected.

Accept what? I'm ask for something specific to engage in a discussion, so we can see what the person is (otherwise simply) babbling about.

Accept what you're asking for. In a previous thread you asked for an image that couldn't be created with a MILC and I provided one only to have you ignore it. Then you asked for proof that a FF could do something that a MILC couldn't and I provided it in video form, which you rejected only because I didn't actually take the video myself.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow