EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,098Gear list
Like?
Re: On DOF
In reply to Biggs23, Apr 10, 2013

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

So wait, now you're asking for examples of my work?

It wasn't you who I'd asked for it. You simply jumped into that conversation, so you might as well.

Again, you're avoiding the point.

One doesn't do that by specifically asking for something on the subject. One does that, by ignoring that request (and worse, pointing the finger the other way).

I was very specific with my response. Please try again. You will be responded to every time I feel the need.

This was the point: Use DOFMaster or iDOF Calc and get back to me regarding DOF achieved from a 135mm f/2.8 lens used on APS-C and then on FF body, from minimum focusing distance (assume 1m).

What do you find?

I find that if I equalize FoV than FF has less DoF.

So, you agreed with me. You can equalize the FoV by using a 200mm lens on FF to match 135mm lens on APS-C.

So, in response to my question I'm assuming the answer is that you wouldn't die without photography, thus proving my point that it's a want versus a need.

Do you happen to not understand or value "need"? Not every need or want is about life versus death.

Definitionally, without additional context, 'need' actually is about life or death. Try again.

Weird idea.

Is it a stretch for you to back up your words with your work?

Nope, it's not.

Then, go for it so you don't have to come back and tell me that it is I who is "avoiding".

You're asking for something that you don't need or even want. It's a strange form of a straw man argument.

You don't decide what I need or want. I asked you to provide something. It is up to you to accept the challenge, or run away from it. You've chosen the latter.

You've asked me (him?) to provide something but you wouldn't accept it even if it were provided. Remember, we've done this twice? First I provided a photo which you ignored and then I provided a video which you rejected.

Accept what? I'm ask for something specific to engage in a discussion, so we can see what the person is (otherwise simply) babbling about.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow