In reply to Biggs23, Apr 10, 2013

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

Which can also be done with FF as well.

Nope.

Yep. There you go being redundant!

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

If I cared for more resolution, I would get NEX-7 (or 7n). Did you read what I said (now bolded above). At 14-16MP, I think my needs for resolution are easily met. I won't mind more, but I try to be able to appreciate the value of need versus want. After all, Nikon D4 does just fine with "only" 16 MP. My preference goes to optical reach first.

I'm not saying they are not, I'm only saying that in terms of equivalent optical reach the combination I suggested is far superior. My preference is to compare apples to apples.

200mm lens on FF does not have the optical equivalence of 200mm lens on APS-C. For that matter, cropping is not about optical equivalence.

I said equivalent optical reach, not optical equivalence. Very different meaning, so please don't misquote me. A 200mm lens on a 36MP camera will produce an image equal in resolution to a 12MP APS-C camera with a 400mm lens.

Its not optical anymore when you crop your JPEG or RAW files, something one can do regardless of sensor size.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow