Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,065
Like?
unable
In reply to qianp2k, Apr 10, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

You seem to be mixing terms and describing sharpness but calling it resolution.  Resolution only describes how much detail a camera/lens is capable of capturing — and not necessarily the quality of the detail that is captured. The problem, in these types of discussions, is that folks keep mixing related terms an using them to describe inaccurately a concept

Your understanding of resolution that purely based on the amount of pixels is very wrong. I know on your logic 41mp Nokia 808 has double "resolution" than 21mp 5D2. The only problem is that when you see such 41mp photos from Nokia 808, you hardly can figure out much detail, or maybe your eyes are different from all others?

DXOMark correctly test the real resolution (P-MPix) that in my words “Fine Detail” that human eyes can resolve that only matters.  Otherwise your paper resolution is just an Utopia that you can feel but you really cannot see

It's not regular sharpness or acutance on your understanding because latter supposedly can be enhanced in software processing. However the fine details only can obtained thru sensor-lens system captured.

Once again you have interjected unrelated terms. Not being able to understand the difference between the term "resolution" and other concepts/terms is the source of your misconceptions. A common theme. You simply can not define or conceptualize the term "resolution" . A barrier too communication you may never be able to overcome.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow