Mike CH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,793Gear list
Like?
Re: Continuation: Sensor Size, Present & Possibilities
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 10, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

The thread (Death of Full Frame ) hit the 149-response wall just as I felt the obligation to respond to some interesting views, such as this gem from Mike CH:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Could you do me a favor? Could you measure the length of the body with that lens attached and report back with the total length?

And what exactly do you wish to accomplish with it? Trying to convince me that I could carry the same amount of gear in my sling bag with a FF body and lenses to match?

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. I'm genuinely curious to see how much smaller it is than my setup.

Trying to convince me with the arguments you make will be impossible. So, don't even bring it up. Now, here's to your curiosity:

You did notice, didn't you, that the parties trying to do the convincing here are the small form factor proponents? As in the title of the thread?

Do you act this way because the small-is-beautiful argument isn't winning any points with people who don't like small?

Regards, Mike

Wait and see...

Dear Mike,

Your response is rather amusing for the very fact that it questions my ability to "notice" something when it is you who is taking presented facts (in this case, measurements as I asked by the person responded to) and deflecting from it.

I was, as is absolutely clear from the quote above, solely responding to your twice saying that there is no sense in trying to convince you since there is no argument that can convince you - in response to a query for information!

Obviously, you didn't notice that you were responding to my post with facts (measurements).

I did. As I said, it doesn't interest me. As explained below.

I was also pointing out, that in regard to convincing - which you went on about twice - the OP actually started this thread in attempt to convince people that the death of FF was imminent.

I try to make my own points. You should too (and not assume that everybody is either speaking for the OP or against him/her).

I do. And you didn't like it. So now what?

So if pointing out that a) you didn't quite know what you yourself was writing and b) that you had mistaken who was trying to convince whom is a gem, why then I can only say: thank you very much, glad to be of service!

Please NEVER volunteer for your services. This is a forum for discussion.

Yes. And YOU are NOT in control of what is being discussed. This is the second or third time this has been pointed out to you in the last hour or so. This should tell you something.

Oh, and in regard to the size of your equipment: No, I was not trying to divert the discussion. I simply have absolutely NO INTEREST in the size of YOUR equipment. That is the reason why I didn't bother with that part. You are the one obsessing about size.

When you have no interest in something, try to stay out of it or deal with the consequences.

So unless one agrees with you, one should stay out of the discussion?

Fantastic attitude. Fits the rest of your attitude.

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

Mike CH's gear list:Mike CH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow