One of the world's smallest primates (D800 with fill flash)

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
gnagel
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,600
Like?
Re: One of the world's smallest primates (D800 with fill flash)
In reply to wireless, Apr 10, 2013

wireless wrote:

Nice Glen.  Would you tell us more about the lens you're using?

The photos appear to have minimal PP'ing.  Did you bring them in to LR/PS?  When you do, do you have the software/monitor set up for Adobe RGB?

I sent off some photos today for prints to Bayphoto.  Their Bay Roes software makes the photos look different color-wise than they do in my LR adobe RGB setup.  I spoke with them and they said don't worry it's just the software.  I'll find out in a few days when the photos arrive.

regards, David

David,

I used the 200 f2 (at f/2) for these images.  The wide aperture helped in the low light and it also helped to eliminate some background distractions.

I shoot RAW. Each of these images were first brought into LR4 for some basic adjustments: white balance, controlling highlights, boosting shadows, cropping and sharpening.  Then, I bring the files into PS for some final adjustments.  Those adjustments include cloning out some distracting elements, bringing some additional detail into the face by selectively applying the Detail Enhancer filter from Nik Color Efex 4, and darkening the backgrounds a touch.

I edit in the ProPhoto RGB color space.  Then, I convert to sRGB when I export the files as jpegs from LR for display on the web.

Thanks,

Glenn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow