E M-5 and lenses . Reason to be concerned?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,936Gear list
Like?
Re: In most conditions stabilisation is irrelevant
In reply to tt321, Apr 10, 2013

tt321 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

slimandy wrote:

I have for other systems. Bokeh was not as nice with VR (Nikon 70~200). I can find you a link. I have not seen the same research for MFT though.

I have heard about problems with other systems too. But with those I have personally used (Pentax SR, Panasonic OIS, Olympus IBIS as implemented in the E-M5), I have never found any indication that keeping the system on when at shutter speeds so high that it isn't really needed has any adverse effects.

I am intrigued by IS on leading to bokeh being worse. What would be the mechanism for that?

I will do some systematic tests when I get the time. Very interesting.

Perhaps slimandy knows more. But one guess is that the bokeh is best when the IS lens group is locked in center position. Even if that lens group doesn't really move during very short exposures, it might be slightly off center due to what happened immediately prior to exposure.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow