Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
chris yap
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 on short trip to TOKYO
In reply to Maxxuman, Apr 10, 2013

Maxxuman wrote:

Harry Lew wrote:

Inspiring set of photos. Great composition and range of subject matter. However, I'm a bit curious about the hazy, low-contrast look of most of these. Did you add that in post-processing? If so, not sure what the point is of using expensive, high-grade lenses when the output is softened so greatly. No disrespect intended. Just curious about your intentions and processing.

I'm with Harry - I don't like the hazy look either or understand why you'd take a camera and lens combo capable of high image quality and then do that to the photos.  Is it a current trend, and if so couldn't you get the same sort of results with a phone camera?  I agree with the positives Harry mentioned also.

-- hide signature --

Barry

Hi Barry,

thank you for the complimenting on positives on my pictures and giving constructive feedback on my colours.

i have provided a more detail explanation on another post to Harry on the colour and tone.

Yes i am towards that trend of people who are following a movement to emulate film as i am gear more towards film emulation rather then towards OOC type of picture.i will take your feedback on the colours!

With regards to getting the same sort of results with a phone camera- i agreed that you might achieve a similar tone / with phone apps. but a camera hp quality would nv be anywhere near using a SLR to shoot and the results would be very obvious when you develop the picture into anything above 8R or simply just by looking from the computer monitor.

A camera hp/app can nv replicate that beautiful bokeh of a 50mm or any prime shot thru an SLR.

Cheers Barry!

Chris

chris yap's gear list:chris yap's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T*
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
uhmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow