Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,114Gear list
Like?
Continuation: Sensor Size, Present & Possibilities
Apr 10, 2013

The thread (Death of Full Frame ) hit the 149-response wall just as I felt the obligation to respond to some interesting views, such as this gem from Mike CH:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Could you do me a favor? Could you measure the length of the body with that lens attached and report back with the total length?

And what exactly do you wish to accomplish with it? Trying to convince me that I could carry the same amount of gear in my sling bag with a FF body and lenses to match?

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. I'm genuinely curious to see how much smaller it is than my setup.

Trying to convince me with the arguments you make will be impossible. So, don't even bring it up. Now, here's to your curiosity:

You did notice, didn't you, that the parties trying to do the convincing here are the small form factor proponents? As in the title of the thread?

Do you act this way because the small-is-beautiful argument isn't winning any points with people who don't like small?

Regards, Mike

Wait and see...

Dear Mike,

Your response is rather amusing for the very fact that it questions my ability to "notice" something when it is you who is taking presented facts (in this case, measurements as I asked by the person responded to) and deflecting from it. There were two facts presented:

1-Depth, width and weight measurements with a particular combination, as requested. I should have included height as well (because that too matters).

2-How this combination works well for me, when I can fit two camera bodies with 12mm to 300mm (35mm equivalent) lens gear, and accessories

Presenting these facts isn't "acting". Let us try to keep drama out.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow