Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
phill104
Senior MemberPosts: 1,211
Like?
Re: 7D Mirror Shake - w/70-200 f/2.8 - Advice on brace, please
In reply to Thorbard, Apr 10, 2013

Thorbard wrote:

phill104 wrote:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous statement.

Stick your camera on a beanbag on your nice Oak table in your home zoomed in on live view and simply walk around whilst viewing. The image will wobble more than when it does than when the mirror moves. Platforms such as the aforementioned beanbag/oak table will almost certainly be more steady than even the top tripods, it is the floor that is often the problem. A recent visit to a gallery in London for instance the flooring was click laminate. This is a floating floor so not exactly stable. I cannot see how spending money on a tripod or bracket will help that. I would suggest that in these cases the photographer needs to work with the environment and subject rather than throwing money at it.

The OP stated he was having issues OUTSIDE.

Yes, inside is a different game with different rules. But in either case, if the camera is moving relative to the tripod, you need a better tripod/head.

I read it a a mixture of both. I agree with your comments on the whole but often think people (myself included) miss the simple solutions

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow