iZoom, FZ200, LX7, FastStone - a few thoughts

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,991Gear list
Like?
Re: iZoom, FZ200, LX7, FastStone - a few thoughts
In reply to Mikedigi, Apr 10, 2013

Thanks for all that info Mike. I use izoom all the time. The enlarged image you get from it is pretty good until you try and enlarge that image and then you start to see it breaking up a bit. One of the great advantages of izoom is that it gives you a better view of your subject and therefore makes it easier to see if its in focus. It is also easier to control than digital zoom, as its limited, whereas digital zoom will skyrocket very quickly into very high zoom settings.

One thing I noticed from your shots was that magnifying the 24x up to 48x gives exactly the same result whether you do it in camera (izoom) or on a computer. I have done this comparison myself and got the same results, there's really no difference. I have also done comparisons between digital zoom ad izoom and can't see any difference there either, contrary to what Mr Panasonic has to say about this. When I had my FZ150 I did the same comparison between the two zooms and in fact the digital zoom gave a better result than the izoom. You can see the result here on my Flickr page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62434662@N05/6917447484/in/photostream

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow