My HS50 EXR - Pano Plus L v M v 8 ...

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
wymjym
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,333
Like?
Re: My HS50 EXR - Pano Plus L v M v 8 ...
In reply to Lloydy, Apr 10, 2013

Hey Dave,

1st thing, since I’ve finally lost the desire to grab the latest and greatest only to find that once again the image performance has taken another hit, thank you for sharing your hs50 experiences.

PaulT made a statement some time ago that got me to thinking, he said that it was much harder to shoot a SZ and get good/great images than it was to use a dslr fort the same shots. I thought that is silly but then realized that at least in the fuji world that is very true. The necessity to use very, very specific settings that will work in somewhat limited shooting environments in order to get acceptable image quality defeats one of main ethos of a do-it-all camera.

You are right on point with regard to longer fl + distance: lack of detail outside of the central focus area.

Taking the camera out into the wild as you do is very insightful and since I spent years studying your very well shot images and reading your well documented and easy to follow processing steps…..the one thing I take from your more recent posts is that the hs50 may have a lot going for it but overall image quality is not one.

I wait the ‘aha’ moment when Fuji starts to incorporate higher IQ into this genre of camera.

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujicanonandricoh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow