Which IPS Monitor? - Help me pick between Dell 2312HM and LG IPS237L and AOC I2367FH

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anirbana
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Which IPS Monitor? - Help me pick between Dell 2312HM and LG IPS237L and AOC I2367FH
Apr 10, 2013

I am keen to buy a 23 inch LED IPS monitor after having used my work laptop with IP{S screen for some editing. IPS looks so much better than my Asus Laptop screen which is TN.

Main purpose - Photo editing (hobby, amateur)

Secondary purpose - Movies

I can't afford more than £175 or a 24 inch IPS display and I have narrowed down my choice to 3 monitors and need help from forum members to select one

1. Dell U2312HM - Seems to be the most popular in forums. Comes with a fantastic warranty and has better built, swivel and height adjustment functions. Have not seen one in action. e-IPS panel. Read Antigl;are can be distracting. £165

2. LG IPS 237L - New monitor from LG with AH-IPS. I have seen it in a shop and was quite impressed with the picture, but since I haven't seen the other two, I don't know if the other two are any better. Stand is weak and allows only tilt and no adjustments to height. Didn't found the anti-glare distracting, but having not seen the Dell don't know if this is any better with LG. 3 year warranty and checked with LG that it is onsite swap. Bright pixel policy is not as good as Dell. Comes with Color calibration software and with a factory calibration report (does it matter?) £129

3. AOC I2367FH - Same Panel as the LG and most other features are same as LG. 3 year warranty £135

Since I have limited knowledge in this area, I need some advice to select one. Few questions I have are

1. LG and AOC has a new AH-IPS panel as opposed to e-IPS of Dell - Is that an advantage?

2. Dell is almost 2 yr old and the LG and AOC are just a few months old to market - Is there much improvement expected?

3. Dell 2312HM has gone back to Rev A00 is that something to worry about?

4. AG coating - anyone knows if LG and AOC has semi gloss or semi matte AG hard coat?

I am thinking about Dell, sawing towards the LG as I have seen one. Appreciate some views and suggestions.

anirbana's gear list:anirbana's gear list
Nikon D600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow