A99 viewfinder - please help

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
RTIMD
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Re: Never had even a small problem
In reply to OntarioJohn, Apr 10, 2013

OntarioJohn wrote:

I recently was in San Diego.  The EVF was always bright and clear.  I shot in places with LOTS of bright light.  Street scenes, beaches, everything was 100% fine.   I can say without reservation that either:

Your camera is faulty

OR

You have some settings wrong.

What ISO do you have set?

Are your menus visible in the EVF and are they bright and clear?

-- hide signature --

John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit
Take some shots and SHARE...more fun that peeping at pixels at some crazy ISO!!!

Did you have an OVF, particularly A900 with you to compare the image in the viewfinder? Why would you tell anyone that the camera they own are faulty, are my 2 cameras faulty? I confirmed the fact that the EVF on A77 is not as bright to be totally comfortable on a sunny day.

P.S. Also I didn't really get what settings you suggest would influence the brightness (other than the Evf brightness already set to +1, exposure that was tack on), you mentioned ISO - would you elaborate? [as the OP said photos are properly exposed]

RTIMD's gear list:RTIMD's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow