Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,305Gear list
Like?
iZoom, FZ200, LX7, FastStone - a few thoughts
Apr 10, 2013

I always distrusted digital zoom, but I am now trying iZoom, which is carefully buried in the FZ200 Recording Menu with iResolution On-Off, and kept fairly secret in the Manual, and "Find" does not find it.

With the FZ200 on a tripod and the usual precautions, these are FastStone Comparator screen images, saved with FastStone Capture, showing 100 ISO, 12mp, 24x optical zoom left, 48x iZoom right.

1]  24x zoom v 48x iZoom, viewed at 17%:

2]  Holding down Ctrl, I select 50% left, 25% right, to get the same size:

3] Again, 50% left, 25% right:

4]  100% left, 50% right:

So what?

Well, as I am not an extreme birder, and have just joined Pixel Peepers Anonymous Therapy Group (Chairman: Ronomy), these results are good enough for me, so Hello, iZoom.

This all started when Ronomy told me that the zoom-puny LX7 could be 24-180mm, not 24-90mm, and I took an interest in the LX7 for the first time.  I really like the 18-105 (27-157 EFL) kit lens on my Nikon D90, and the LX7 has a wider range than that.

So, what can I sell to get an LX7 . . . . . . .  

Do you like iZoom?

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow