To go full frame or not?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
tramptime
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: To go full frame or not?
In reply to sean lancaster, Apr 10, 2013

Thanks for bringing this up...I have been doing research into this very question for months now...and also consider the Nex 6 or D600 to be the main options.  As much as i like the size of the nex, when it comes to night photography, i am yet to find any good examples on Flicker (or elsewhere) that give the same amount of detail (at pixel level) and sharpness as the D600 give you.  And yes, i agree, skill is important...but it still doesnt change the fact that when I compare all the hundreds of pictures out there on the internet, that my final overall feeling just is that the d600 night photos just look so much better in general.  In the aps-c sensor pictures, there seem to be a lot more "dark" areas compared to the full frame pictures.  I guess this has to do with the dynamic range of the d600? When it comes to night photography,  i personally love to see that detail. For normal day time photography, the nex 6 will be the better option... but i think, if you are like me, and you like to look at all the small little details...then the nex just wont do,  not completely anyway.   that said,,,, the d600 is twice the price... i cant help but think what other goodies i could buy if i just buy the nex 6. perhaps buy the cheaper camera now, and wait a while till the d600 prices starts to drop?  or perhaps, until another cheaper FF is available.  but if money wasnt an issue... then i would not think twice about the d600.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow