7D Mirror Shake - w/70-200 f/2.8 - Advice on brace, please

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
phill104
Senior MemberPosts: 1,002
Like?
Re: 7D Mirror Shake - w/70-200 f/2.8 - Advice on brace, please
In reply to tvstaff, Apr 10, 2013

tvstaff wrote:

I enjoy shooting works of art, many times these objects are outdoors.  Some the best shooting oppty's are in the worst wind conditions OR require a VERY solid platform for the camera and lens so there is no movement even from mirror shake when I have to bracket shots. Some exposures are long.

The 7D as I'm using it now with the 70-200's mount screwed into my tripod seems to move much more than I want. The 70-200 is a balancing act at times and wind or even Mirror shake have been factors.  It's natural I guess based on the size of the lens.

QUESTION:

Is there a brace or plate that others have used that ties a solid pieces of steel to the lens and camaera and then that is mounted on the tripod?

If anyone has experience with this, wouldyou  please let me know the brands so I can create a more solid platform?

THANK YOU,

TVSTAFF

If even mirror shake is a problem then you might struggle. Even on the best tripods indoors (I am guessing many of these works of art are indoors) just walking around the floor will vibrate and hence the camera too. Stick your camera on live view zoomed in and walk around and you will see just how much there is. Brace all you want on any tripod and that will still be present albeit slightly reduced.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow