Sigma 35mm f1.4 and Zeiss 35mm f1.4 Imatested

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,599
Like?
Re: you forgot
In reply to tom43, Apr 10, 2013

tom43 wrote:

www.Photozone.de has tested the Sigma, Nikon and Samyang 35/1.4 and Zeiss 35/2.0 lenses on Nikon FX D3X demonstrating the highest sharpness for the Sigma even at higher apertures (based on Imatest).They also documentated a weaker performance for the Sigma with DX sensors. Maybe we should be careful to transfer these findings with the D7100 to the full-frame field?

Miljenko, thanks for these data. Any attempst to proove performance with full-frame?

Regarding Zeiss: many people would be happy to have data on the newer models, e.g. the 15/2.8 and the 135/2.0 Apo.

FWIW, photozone doesn’t show the curve I am mentioning in dx nor in the fx. Compared to their Samyang data I don't see any superior results except the large aperture, when you mention that.

Btw, one would expect dx showing steeper curve from the peak resolution down towards f11 and f16. I was looking at some comparisons some time ago and this showed far less on the charts. Then I realized it’s the peak sharpness that in fact is reduced compared to fx causing relatively flatter dx curve than I would think. It’s more apparent when adding concrete numbers into the perspective.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow