>>> Street Photography eXchange #38 <<<

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,600Gear list
Like?
Re: rush hour
In reply to solveproblems, Apr 10, 2013

to me the three men's faces dominate the picture: the one fg upper left, the ?sleeping man at right, and the man in the bg at middle right. the woman at far left kind of detracts from the rest for me; i like her hand very much but the face isn't working. i would maybe try burning down her face a bit.

but the person in the center looking away is the biggest distraction imo. that face is the lightest in the frame, and really draws attention away from the others, esp the sleeping man in front of her. i think you can burn her down quite a lot to reduce the distraction.

you did get a feeling of commuting, so that part definitely works. he arc of the underground (?) passage is a nice environmental element.

i think i want something going on at bottom right--maybe a hand coming into frame--to carry the diagonal movement of the frame better. trimming off the right edge to where the woman's collar comes up to the top of the frame might help.

thanks for posting, solve.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow