Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's assessment of a D400
In reply to jfriend00, Apr 10, 2013

jfriend00 wrote:

Arree wrote:

jfriend00 wrote:

Arree wrote:

thomas2279f wrote:

Interesting read - agree that Nikon should develop a pro Video line like Sony & Canon

Personally i never understand why to put video in a camera made for shooting pics.

If I ever wanted a video camera I should buy a sony, they have more experience with video, and I believe most of us see video on  a nikoncamera more as a catched to try out few times then as a well develloped part of a photocamera.

Once you've invested in some phenomenal large aperture lenses that you spent thousands on, you might think differently about wanting to use them for video in some circumstances.

And only for that reason you need to have video in ALL nikon camera`s ?

I do not think so.

Once Nikon has developed the technology for one camera, it costs little more than a button to put it in all the cameras.  And, Nikon knows they will sell more cameras if they have video than if they don't.

Ok some moms and dads might use it more often but then you have to ask again do they really need a D400 ?

I do not think so, I know it is just an opinion.

I use my Phone for calling, SMS, I never even tried to make a photo, why should I ?

Well, see if you can convince hundreds of millions of people who take photos with their phone ever day.  Do you honestly have your D300 with you at all times.  I don't.  So, when I don't, I take photos with my phone.

Ofcourse, marketing is very good these days but we forgotten the times we didn`t had mobiles, computers we just went home for using the internet.

When I look around me I see young people , only gazing at their small mobilescreens.

OK we have all the information we need at our fingertips but at what price ?

Lack of verbal communication, the youth want it all and now .

No patience, for what ?

You are showing exactly why mobile products are not targeted at you.  You're not interested in them.  The youth (and many others) are interested in them.  One could reverse your question and say why wait until you get home to look something up on the internet if you can do it just fine where you are on your phone?

why should I use internet on a mobilephone screen if a computer or laptop give me a much better view ?

Because you don't have a laptop or computer connected to the internet when you're out and about, but your phone is connected to the internet.  Again, look around, mobile internet access is the fastest growing method of internet access in the world.

I doubt it will make you smarter if you have unlimited acces to the information you need.

You really think few hours before you can use a computer will make a difference ??

I do not think so...

It makes a difference for me all the time.  From my phone, I just used GPS, maps and restaurant and store lookups multiple times a day on a recent trip.

Just give me a higher/lower ISO camera, some more MP`s 16-20would be fine for me, ofcourse some extra fps(though I do not really need it) and improved AF .

Call me oldfashioned if you want, but we all get older, need glasses, these days it looks like they only make electronics for youngsters while the population in this world becomes older.

"Youngsters" as a group buy more tech devices than those of us who are a bit older.  That doesn't mean that you and I don't, just that our age group as general doesn't buy as much of this stuff thus we aren't targeted as much.  If you're not accessing the internet on your phone, then I guess you're an example of one who isn't using the latest tech for getting on the internet when mobile.

Yep, if the marketeers targed the older generation with some products, there might become a point in time where they sell more to us then to the younger generation.

These products obviously not the highest tech, but easier to use for us older people, I do not believe lower tech means low quality internetinfo, ofcourse I am not a programmer but these days everything needs to go faster, dataquality remains the same

How would a mobile product need to be different to work for you vs. for the youth?

Not for me, for our generation, and it will take much more brainpower then i have to figure that out.

If I need to go on a  trip I make sure I am prepared, if I have no Tom-tom i make a print-out google/google maps is perfect, ofcourse america is bigger and not all parts are populated, in Europe and here in Asia everything is easy to find, there is always an internetcafe, or I just ask.

I understand your points, i not entirely agree, but you give me some things to think about.

Take care,

Arree

Arree's gear list:Arree's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow