LX7 - does its IQ compete with e.g. Sony RX100?

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,434Gear list
Like?
Re: Zoom range
In reply to Ronomy, Apr 10, 2013

Ronomy wrote:

For me it was something smaller to compliment my super zoom and the F1.4 lens allows me to shoot at ISO 100(LX7) instead of ISO 400(FZ200) or even better ISO 400 instead of ISO 1600.  The LX7 still takes nice ISO 400 images.  The low light video is really good too! Then it was the price...$289 shipped to my house!  Couldn't pass that up and so I am very happy with this little camera.  I guess the Sony is not very user friendly based on others who have tried both and since I am familiar with the FZ200 it was easy to jump to the LX7 since it has all the same controls and menus.  It definitely takes better wide landscape images than my FZ200 so I am completely happy with it.  Indoor shots with three candles lit is pretty awesome and it only needed ISO 400 to shoot nice bright images with three candles in a fairly big room too.  Can't show since they have people and they would not like me posting them here.  Sorry!

Nice summary!  That's typically Panasonic . . . cost-effective, user-friendly, and get that shot!

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow