LX7 - does its IQ compete with e.g. Sony RX100?

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,972
Like?
Re: "Envelope" is a more useful concept than "equivalence" IMHO
In reply to ultimitsu, Apr 10, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

Sean Nelson wrote:

That's irrelevant if you can't see the difference in the result.  The result is the image in the final size you intend look at, not blowing it up to 200% to pixel peep it.

Why can you not see the difference? The DR difference is pretty big so is the resolution difference.

Regarding the potential choice of smaller formats (in this case, M4/3 relative to Full Frame):

Sean Nelson wrote:

My worldview is to understand that the camera/lens choice reduces the envelope. Therefore if I'm happy to live within the smaller envelope then "equivalence" arguments are really pointless.  I really don't care if a particular lens is inferior to it's FF "equivalent" because I've decided I'm quite happy living with the limitations of the smaller format and its lenses.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51211368

Perhaps when Sean decides for himself to utilize a smaller "envelope", he imagines that such a situation might be acceptable for others. If not, perhaps they might just be "pixel peepers" ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow