I am returning my 3rd RX100 to Amazon.

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
B1ackhat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,783Gear list
Like?
Re: I have found Amazon to be MORE THAN FAIR!
In reply to zippin44, Apr 10, 2013

zippin44 wrote:

I bought a Canon S110 from Best Buy last week. I didn't like the IQ and decided to get the Olympus zx-1 from Amazon.  When I returned the Canon, Best Buy  banned me. It's the first thing I've returned to Best Buy in literally years, since I hardly ever shop there. I was kind of surprised, but since I absolutely hate Best Buy and everyone knows they are eventually going out of business, it's really no loss. Maybe they don't like me because I've never been stupid enough to buy $100 television cables from them.  Geesh!

Now, I din't particularly like the Olympus zx-1 either (way too much noise) , and decided to bite the bullet, return it to Amazon, and get the Sony rx100 from a "warehouse deal". THe only thing I've ever returned to Amazon is a shirt that didn't fit my son. Hopefully, they won't screw me over and ban me for returning the Olympus.

This is the danger of Amazon's domination over the entire retail space.  Soon there won't be any other real alternatives to buying from amazon, and their weight/influence will be a detriment to both buyers and producers of goods.

Best Buy is one of those companies that utilizes a third party company to track your return habits via your driver's license, credit cards, and so forth.  They don't simply count your BB returns against you; they count ALL your returns against you at stores that utilize the same tracking company.

-- hide signature --

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow